Living Well with Chronic Pain - Participants learn self-management techniques and skills needed in the day-to-day management of their chronic pain condition.
The Chronic Pain Self-Management Program (CPSMP) is a 6-session evidence-based workshop designed for those dealing with chronic pain. Participants learn self-management techniques and skills needed in the day to day management of their chronic pain condition. This program has also been proven effective with family and caregivers. This program also aims to help participants better communicate with their health care providers and make healthy day-to-day decisions.
What Is Provided To Participants
Participants who have completed a workshop demonstrate:
- Pain and fatigue management
- How to make an action plan to set and achieve attainable goals
- Problem solving
- How to deal with difficult emotions
- Appropriate physical activity for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Effective decision making
- Healthy eating
- Communication skills
- Pacing activity and rest
- Working with your health care professional
Resources & Programs
Visit www.selfmanagementresource.com for more information.
- Available in the PDF Fact SheetFact Sheet (PDF)